By Igor Tolstikhin,Jan Kramers
By John A. Agnew,Virginie Mamadouh,Anna Secor,Joanne Sharp
- Discusses the most recent advancements and areas elevated emphasis on modes of pondering, contested key thoughts, and on geopolitics, weather swap and terrorism
- Explores the impression of the practice-based tools in geography and ideas together with postcolonialism, feminist geographies, the proposal of the Anthropocene, and new understandings of the position of non-human actors in networks of power
- Offers an obtainable creation to political geography for these in allied fields together with political technology, diplomacy, and sociology
By Otto H. Walliser
By Peter W.J. Batey,Peter Friedrich
By Valentin R. Troll,Juan Carlos Carracedo
The Geology of the Canary Islands offers a concise evaluate of the geology and volcanology of the Canary Islands, in addition to 27 conscientiously deliberate day tours comprising journeys on the entire islands. every one cease contains a description on tips on how to technique a domain and the place to park with GPS destinations supplied.
The publication covers all of the staggering positive factors of the islands, together with lively ocean island volcanoes whose origins are associated with a scorching spot or plume inflicting anomalously scorching mantle fabric to interfere the African plate, submarine volcanic sequences uplifted contained in the islands, sub- aerial defend volcanoes, and the is still of big lateral collapses.
Through its in actual fact written and richly color-illustrated advent and box consultant, this publication is vital interpreting for geologists who stopover at the Canary Islands, one of many biggest and such a lot attention-grabbing lively volcanic platforms in Europe.
- Includes a ahead via Prof. C. J. Stillman (Trinity collage Dublin), a number one professional at the volcanology and geology of the Canary Islands
- Features 500 complete colour photographs, coupled with in-depth introductory textual content and a bankruptcy on every one island, by way of 27 guided tours that come with all the seven islands of the archipelago
- Familiarizes the reader with the diversity of volcanic landforms and eruptive items within the Canary Islands and offers useful help in acceptance, recording, and interpretation
- Develops figuring out of progress, evolution, and destruction of ocean island volcanoes, selling temporal and spatial pondering inside a given geological framework
By Christoph Bruns
This factor is necessary, when you consider that either partaking in alternate festivals and looking out for sufficient interplay companions are expensive and time extensive procedures. If exchange festivals supplied equivalent merits as transitority clusters, organizing and collaborating entities may fritter away extra attempt on making plans and accomplishing the time sooner than, in the course of and after the exchange reasonable. it seems that, making the most of new wisdom swimming pools is at the very least an incredible element in instances of accelerating innovation pace.
Finding a transparent resolution for the matter isn't really trivial, because the majority of obtainable literature specializes in alternate festivals within the context of a conversation device in firm’s advertising combine. moreover there are problems to keep up a specific specialize in Europe, given that globalized global economic system meets on overseas flagship alternate gala's. one other point is the trouble of measuring qualitative and quantifiable results of spatial proximity in clusters, which also can be applied to match diverse kinds of transitority clusters.
By D. J. Blundell,R. Freeman,Stephan Mueller
By Esteban Fernández Vázquez,Fernando Rubiera Morollón
By L. Eugene Cronin
This quantity is equipped into components encompassing 35 chapters. It offers guides on geology, with collections on Estuaries with Small Tidal levels, Intermediate Tidal levels, and massive Tidal levels, and an extra part on Wide-Mouthed Estuaries. this article additionally contains fabrics on Engineering, with emphasis on Use of plants in Coastal Engineering and on Estuarine Dredging difficulties and Effects.
This e-book will turn out precious to estuarine biologists and ocean scientists.
By Cheinway Hwang,C.K. Shum,Jiancheng Li