By Brian S. Everitt
A Whistle-Stop travel of Statistics introduces uncomplicated chance and facts via bite-size insurance of key issues. A evaluate reduction and examine consultant for undergraduate scholars, it offers descriptions of key strategies from chance and records in self-contained sections.
- Presents an obtainable connection with the most important innovations in chance and statistics
- Introduces each one notion via bite-size descriptions and provides fascinating real-world examples
- Includes plenty of diagrams and graphs to elucidate and illustrate topics
- Provides a concise precis of ten significant components of statistics together with survival research and the research of longitudinal facts
Written through Brian S, Everitt, the writer of over 60 statistical texts, the booklet exhibits how facts could be utilized within the genuine global, with attention-grabbing examples and lots of diagrams and graphs to demonstrate thoughts.
Read Online or Download A Whistle-Stop Tour of Statistics PDF
Similar probability & statistics books
This booklet offers a scientific and complete remedy of assorted previous strategies which were built over the past 4 many years to be able to care for the Bayesian method of fixing a few nonparametric inference difficulties. purposes of those priors in a number of estimation difficulties are awarded.
Starting up the foundations of stereology from a statistical perspective, this booklet specializes in either uncomplicated idea and useful implications. The authors talk about how you can successfully speak statistical matters to consumers, draw recognition to universal methodological error, and supply references to crucial literature.
A simplified method of Malliavin calculus tailored to Poisson random measures is constructed and utilized during this ebook. referred to as the “lent particle technique” it really is according to perturbation of the placement of debris. Poisson random measures describe phenomena regarding random jumps (for example in mathematical finance) or the random distribution of debris (as in statistical physics).
Introduces the major innovations within the research of categoricaldata with illustrative examples and accompanying R code This booklet is aimed toward all those that desire to notice the way to learn express facts with no getting immersed in advanced arithmetic and with no need to plow through a large number of prose.
- From Basic Survival Analytic Theory to a Non-Standard Application (BestMasters)
- Advances in Directional and Linear Statistics: A Festschrift for Sreenivasa Rao Jammalamadaka
- Pareto Distributions Second Edition (Chapman & Hall/CRC Monographs on Statistics & Applied Probability)
- Weibull Models (Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics)
- Advanced Statistical Methods in Data Science (ICSA Book Series in Statistics)
- Generalized Least Squares (Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics)
Extra info for A Whistle-Stop Tour of Statistics
A Whistle-Stop Tour of Statistics by Brian S. Everitt